Listening to Across the Universe Soundtrack. “Girl” best song.
So, it’s been some time now since the last. This is due to the lack of things to chat about I guess. I’m not going to use the excuse of being busy because I view it as a very very lame excuse. I’ve had time and I’ve tried to write something but nothing worth reading…trust me.
Today! Today I felt that I would give you an update on crap. What spurred this post are extinct, meat eating, fossilized, prehistoric, vicious, creatures. I.E. raptors.
Well, here at work it’s pretty much camping at the circus man, it’s so intense. There are a lot of hard feelings toward upper management for a lot of reasons that seem valid on the surface. Especially after a major pay cut then building some extremely unnecessary additions to the plant. Whatever, that doesn’t even matter. Raptors. So, given there are some miscommunications/confusion/bad decisions being made and as they affect the attitudes of my co-workers, I try not to get involved because the truth is, I know that this place is absolutely not in my future. Just temporary. You understand.
Today we were having a routine department meeting. Greg, the dude I share a cube with, was crazy sick today and actually just found out that his wife has the “bacon” flu man. So, he was all kinds of spaced out on meds and pretty much not here at work if you know what I mean. After the meeting, sitting back at our desks, he turns to me and says,”dude I was struggling in there so I was trying to imagine the most outrageous event happening to entertain myself and stay awake. These Meds are kicking my ass.” “Well ok fill me in.”
“As I was sitting there I thought about everybody just being unexpecting and talking when all of the sudden a gang of Velociraptors on the type of hover boards from Back to the Future bust through the door. They would be velociraptors from Brooklyn and they had aviators on. Anyway, busting through the door they would go straight for Jill (our boss) and Chris (head of Dry Products) and bite their heads off. And, with everybody in terror and screaming, they would look at you and me and wink with a thumbs up (insert Fonzie’s trademark “Aaaa”). Then they’d just leave the room.”
I was speechless. This is the essence of Greg. The scary part is his mind does this without Meds. He is the reason I work here.
Other than that, I’m waiting…on everything.
End Transmission
-A-
15 years ago

LOL Nice post... now answer my freaking phonecalls and text messages, will ya?!?!?!?
ReplyDelete"Other than that, I'm waiting...on everything." Waiting is good. :) I'm glad we're both in a waiting process together...
ReplyDeletepretty much i just like that you write the way Holden Caulfield speaks... i hope you've read that book.
ReplyDeletemiss you!
hey there,
ReplyDeletecool blog, u really need to come back and continue what u have started here. but just a quick one - why provisional perspective.